Pages

13 December 2007

Karen: Ryan called me while out shopping and said he'd been naughty, and I thought he'd bought beer but when he got back he'd brought a great huge inflatable grim reaper for the kids halloween party. He thought it would be a great idea for the doorstep.
Pam: Oh goodness.
Claire: Did they like it?
Karen: It was ten feet tall and after we'd blown it up Jemima was so terrified of it I had to tell her that it's name was Sally and that it was actually smiling before she'd go out to look.

Pam: Siobhan was shell-shocked when she brought her baby home. I asked her if she was okay and she said "I've got to be a grown-up now, haven't I?"
Grandpa: Well, we've all been through it.

A pause

Claire: Yes, I remember those days.
Grandpa: You need a good clipping around the head.

Today there was frost in the garden when i woke up but the sun was shining so I decided to walk in the woods next door for the first time since I'd gotten here. It was beautiful and I saw two pheasants and several squirrels and stalked rabbits to try to get a decent photo down at the field below the woods. I was stalking a particularly tame bunny throw the undergrowth when I came to a clearing where the frost was so deep it looked like snow. It was beautiful. I stood there for half an hour completely still, and eventually the rabbits ventured back, and I watched them happily until it started to get dark and I had to head back.



No comments: