Pages

22 April 2008

Miffy, food!

I really have to come up with a new layout.

Harry Potter Deathly Hallows will be two movies! Yayyyy! I wish they'd show them one after the other, like a 6 hour extravaganza with an interval in the middle. Awesome! Sadly, it's going to be a 6 month interval, while I vent my frustration by buying Miffy a whole new bunch of stuff! STUFF! I love stuff. My mum, sadly, is very anti-stuff, and says if I buy Miff any more stuff we'll have to move house.

I'd really like a 'Snape is Good' badge ):

Miffy at food time (and the new command I'm trying to teach her). That's Mugglecast in the background, with the weird rock version of the movie theme. For some reason she always dashes to me if I'm photographing or filming her. Sorry for the quality and for me forgetting which camera angle I started with.


Miffy, Food! from Claire Matthews on Vimeo.

7 comments:

Mel said...

What? WHAT?? There are "Snape is good" badges? Where and how much can I get one for? HAHA.

claire said...

I KNOW! It's actually "Trust Snape", and it's a sticker. They were given out when people in the US pre-ordered DH from Borders

Mel said...

Oh wow..That's so cool. It makes me feel all fuzzy inside - Trust Snape. Indeed!

But I mean, isn't it sort of a spoiler? Or was it given by some group of people who REALLY believed that Snape was good?

Technically, I feel that yes, Snape is on the good side. But that doesn't necessarily make him a good person. What do you think?

claire said...

When you placed an order, you could choose either a "Trust Snape" or "Snape is a very bad man" sticker.

I think Snape was not a 'good person', though obviously he was on the good side. But I don't think he was a traditional villain, he was very, very brave and had acceptable (though maybe not good) reasons for everything he did. Did you listen to the Pottercast Rowling interview? How she explained his hatred for Harry as the "living proof of her [Lily's] preference for another man". Sigh, poor Snape :( He never found happiness.

Mel said...

Yeah, very tragic life. I went to search about "Trust Snape" and apparently, they're bumper stickers! Isn't that a cool promotional thing? There was one lady (a bookstore employee) who wore a green "Trust Snape" t-shirt to work and apparently, got A LOT of flak from her customers. HAHA. One of them was like, "Trust Snape?! And it's GREEN!"

Anyways, yep I read the transcript for the JK Rowling interview. How cool is it that Alan Rickman knew for a long time that Snape loved Lily!

Mel said...

My dear Claire,
You may await a letter sometime in the coming week. (But not as much as we await your next post.) Are you trying to set at 3-month record? =(

claire said...

MDB,
I've posted twice now and wholly for your benefit, my one faithful reader, haha. ARE YOU HAPPY NOW? HUH? HUH?