Pages

15 July 2008

My Harvest Moon farm is now called Highbury.

"This had just taken place and with great cordiality, when John Knightley made his appearance, and "How d'ye do, George?" and "John, how are you?" succeeded in the true English style, burying under a calmness that seemed all but indifference, the real attachment which would have led either of them, if requisite, to do every thing for the good of the other."

"Mr. Knightley seemed to be trying not to smile; and succeeded without difficulty, upon Mrs. Elton's beginning to talk to him."

... Jane Austen, Emma

It has taken me a while to get into Emma - everyone in the book is so annoying, except for Mrs. Weston, and Mr. Knightley, whom I suspect will turn out to be Emma's Darcy. I love Mr. Knightley, and would not wish that fate upon him, but oh well; I still have 150 pages or so more to pull a "if you're happy I'm happy".

Miffy has left her childhood behind and flying back-kicked into the next phase of her life, in which she eats everything. Her especial favourite is stickers, which she amazingly peels off any surface, but she is not adverse clothes, or magazines, or the occasional stray kotex wrapping. I don't really know that she's adverse to anything, but one can only hope.

3 comments:

Mel said...

I'm happy now, but would be happier if you posted for your own enjoyment as well! Has blogging begun (or is it began..I can never be sure) to lack its lustre?

Have a superb half-of-the-week ahead!

Mel said...

You know Clairey, you also have a testhowmagical.blogspot.com url that belongs to you? ISN'T THAT STRANGE?

Mel said...

It's..almost..a..year..

*stares pointedly*

Haha!