Pages

30 March 2010

Where topics change at the speed of light.

Is there a way to block people on facebook without removing them as friends? This question could also be asked as, Why would I want to stay friends with someone whose unfailingly regular status updates I cannot bear to look at anymore?

I am considering pulling an MDB and taking everyone except the people I actually talk to regularly off my Facebook account, but the part of me that accounts for the millions of things I have hoarded away in my room "in case of emergency!!!" will not let me. What if I wake up one day and just really need to talk to the person who made my life miserable in primary school? What if Hiro Nakamura visits me in the MRT and tells me I need to save the cheerleader, save the world? How could I explain to him that I deleted the cheerleader off my Facebook account, and don't have her mobile number or email? See? That excuse sounds way lame even to me.

I cannot tell you how much Les laughed when he found out that the number one thing I do online when I just want to chill out is to watch the videos at momversation.com.

I'm sorry! I know I don't have a child. I am a wicked, wicked pretender. I just have not been able to find another place where there are sensible women who talk about sensible things, and where you get to hear many sides to the same issue, rather than ranting or endlessly flaming each other. I mean, the most visited local blog when I was in JC was probably Xia Xue. Point for me.

(And I cannot understand that, or girls who don't leave the house without wearing three layers of make up, or girls who surreptitiously untag all the unglam pictures of themselves on facebook. Sooner or later, Lady, someone is going to figure out what you really look like, and it will be so much worse for you on that day.)

PEOPLE, RICKY MARTIN HAS A BLOG.

I know. I am very excited too. And let me tell you that the excitement you're feeling right now totally, totally pays off. An excerpt, if you will:

[[Many people told me: "Ricky it's not important", "it's not worth it", "all the years you've worked and everything you've built will collapse", "many people in the world are not ready to accept your truth, your reality, your nature".

...

If someone asked me today, "Ricky, what are you afraid of?" I would answer "the blood that runs through the streets of countries at war..."]]

(from here.)

Oh man, I really REALLY need to meet this man. Not Ricky Martin, but Ricky Martin's friend who says things like "your truth, your reality, your nature." I feel like he would understand my soul, and we could cry together while "Friends Are Friends Forever" by Michael W. Smith played in the background. Or "That's What Friends Are For", that would work too.

Unless he lived in a country at war, because, don't you know! There's blood running down the streets over there! Running! Down! The Streets! And I'm just not emotionally prepared for something like that, you know what I'm saying? Hey, if it's Ricky's worse fear, I think I have a right not to want to go there too.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Pulling a MDB, indeed! Haha!