Pages

13 February 2008

On watching Goblet of Fire again.

Something like that SCENES FROM LORD OF THE RINGS THAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN USED AS SETUPS FOR BAD COMMERCIALS HAD THE FILMMAKERS NOT RESPECTED THE MATERIAL thing on mellie's blog. Also kind of one of those things that is not going to be funny to anyone but me and my sister, and maybe mel, but I had to remember somehow.

Barty Crouch JR.: I'll show you mine and you show me yours

He dramatically thrusts out his arm, revealing the dark mark.
Dumbledore looks shocked. He pulls Harry's arm forward, revealing the bloody scar left by Voldemort.


Holly: Huh? Why did he even do that?
Claire: Next take - Snape thrusts out arm bearing Spongebob Squarepants tattoo.
Holly: Everyone: Ooooooooh....

But seriously, after I watched GoF, I felt so darn excited. I don't even know why, that's not even the movie that I like, although I think it did redeem itself at the very very end when they reemerge from the maze, and you have to admit, all that nice chumminess between Cedric and Harry is kind of, well, nice. Anyway, I felt like re-reading all the books! The whole thing is just so amazing, the way it threads together, and to be fair, I don't think any commercial movie could give it justice in it's wholeness. It's sappy, but I love Harry Potter(!), especially when he bangs his head on the wall to the delightful rhythm of ANGST ANGST ANGST.

And I kind of realised that mellie, you will always be my friend, for who else could I turn to to gush about these things? I was looking for the LOTR thing on your website and so was scrolling through previous entries, and there was this whole 2-week period where you were like LOTR SOUNDTRACK IS MY LIFE every post, and I thought, man, this is totally the person I want to be friends with for the rest of my life!

I also need those soundtracks, badly. I've lost mine ):

After the whole uni-drama with my family, I think I'm the kind of person who doesn't say what she thinks, because she's afraid to disappoint people, so she kind of just rolls with the expected course. This is baaaaad, because I just feel worse and worse until finally, the reveal, and people are disappointed anyway AND angry, because I took so long to tell them. So I'm just going to say now, before it's too late and the dreaded AND angry becomes an inevitable consequence, that I've decided that I won't be going back to TJ, or any church for awhile. Because it was getting more stressful to go to services than anything else. I don't know why it was stressful, maybe the weight of the noise, and the emotion, and the smiling people. It felt like the dreams I had when I was very young, that I was in a big field full of black, enormous tyres, and they were crushing me. I used to take the train in, and sit at Hans and just dread it, then I'd start walking and end up exploring the city, or listening to music at the Esplanade, and it felt so much easier to be alive and to love everything. The last DCD pre-service I attended, I left early and as I came out of the building and burst into the daylight it was like flying away. It was one of the best feelings I have ever had, and I knew then that TJ wasn't the place for me anymore. It was too hard, and an awful, pointless kind of hard. It's sad, but I'm a happier person for not going.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Hey Clairey, thanks for telling me that you've decided not to go to TJ..I'm sure it wasn't easy to say..but I know you did it for me, and for others, as much as for yourself and I appreciate it. =) I just want to say that the door is always open on our side. And..I love you, buddy!

Also, next time we meet up, I can pass you the soundtracks. Along with the Stacey-pouch, Star Wars VCDs, the Pirates! book that I STILL HAVEN'T READ, and the Proof DVD. Be prepared!

especially when he bangs his head on the wall to the delightful rhythm of ANGST ANGST ANGST.

you were like LOTR SOUNDTRACK IS MY LIFE every post, and I thought, man, this is totally the person I want to be friends with for the rest of my life!

HAHAHA! You know, in Gilmore Girls, Lorelai has this moment when she says that there's not many constants in her life..But there are still some people that she knows will always be there (aka LUKE, I LOVE YOU!). And I like that part. Not saying that you're my constant or anything, because WHOA, that's pressurising! But yes, we should strive for such friendships in our life, eh? And I'm really glad that I have you to gush to, gushing friend! For as long as it lasts, which may be forever or may not, let's enjoy it yes yes? Eh, buddy, buddy, eh?

Anonymous said...

Waaaaah, you finally came out and said it. Good on you, pal ^___^ Another momentous move forward by Ms Matthews.

(so blave!)